Nevada boy dies of rare brain-eating amoeba infection after swimming in Lake Mead

Home » Nevada boy dies of rare brain-eating amoeba infection after swimming in Lake Mead
Nevada boy dies of rare brain-eating amoeba infection after swimming in Lake Mead



A boy in Nevada has died of a rare brain-eating amoeba infection that he likely picked up on the Arizona side of Lake Mead, the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) reported (opens in new tab) Wednesday (Oct. 19). 

“My condolences go out to the family of this young man,” Dr. Fermin Leguen, the district’s health officer, said in the statement. “While I want to reassure the public that this type of infection is an extremely rare occurrence, I know this brings no comfort to his family and friends at this time.”

#Nevada #boy #dies #rare #braineating #amoeba #infection #swimming #Lake #Mead



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.